Navios South American Logistics Inc. (“Navios Logistics”) is one of the largest logistics companies in the Hidrovia region of South America, serving the storage and marine transportation needs of its customers through port terminal, river barge and coastal cabotage operations. Our business is focused on two key transportation markets in South America: the Hidrovia region river system and the cabotage trade along the eastern coast of South America.
We have a long history of operating in the Hidrovia region. Our company was founded in 1955 by one of our predecessor companies, a then-subsidiary of United States Steel Corporation (US Steel), which operated in the region, and has been able to generate and maintain longstanding relationships with our customers. Our diverse customer base includes global petroleum, agricultural and mining companies. We serve our customers in the Hidrovia region through:
- Three port storage and transfer facilities:
- One facility for agricultural and forest-related exports, in Nueva Palmira, Uruguay
- One facility for mineral storage and transshipment, in Nueva Palmira, Uruguay
- One liquid port for refined petroleum products. , in San Antonio, Paraguay
Our dry port terminal complex in Nueva Palmira, Uruguay, located at the confluence of the Parana and Uruguay rivers, is the largest independent bulk transfer and storage port terminal in Uruguay, with two dedicated facilities, one for agricultural and forest-related exports and the other for mineral related cargo.
Our liquid port terminal in San Antonio, Paraguay, located approximately 17 miles by river from the Paraguayan capital of Asuncion, is one of the largest independent storage facilities for petroleum products in Paraguay.
- A diverse fleet of 359 barges and pushboats. We are one of the largest owners and operators of river barges and pushboats that transport dry bulk and liquid cargos in the Hidrovia region. We aim to continue to expand our operations.
- Eight tanker vessels, including six oceangoing vessels, one bunker vessel, and one river and estuary tanker operate in our cabotage business. Our cabotage operations serve oil majors and major trading companies in the region to distribute petroleum products to various coastal destinations. We are also able to trade in the Brazilian cabotage market through our Brazilian operator, Hidronave S.A.
We provide an end-to-end logistics solution for customers seeking to transport mineral and grain commodities and liquid cargoes through the Hidrovia region. We provide transportation for dry cargo (minerals, soybeans, cereals, cotton pellets, wheat, limestone (clinker) and rolling stones) and liquid cargo (hydrocarbons such as gas oil, naphtha, fuel oil and JP1 and vegetable oils) and liquefied cargo (liquefied petroleum gas or “LPG”).